Industrial fixtures have a stripped down aesthetic that highlights functionality with a sense of the utilitarian. Perfect for loft living, we love this look with stripped back or painted brick, exposed concrete and also juxtaposed with steel, dark woods and white walls in large, airy spaces.
Look for beaten and spun metal pendants, exposed fittings and long flexes to get the look down pat. In keeping with the industrial trend, bare bulbs are burning in hot spots everywhere from Manhattan eateries to loft-style living rooms: some have a long length flex, so you an change the height of the bulbs, and create a dramatic visual effect, by pegging your raw bulb to your ceiling at random distances. Here are nine we like.
1. Anglepoise 1227, top, about €205, Industry.
2. Caravaggio black pendant, prices ranging from €113 - €679, Wink lighting
3 & 4. Industrial upcycled floor lamp, €450, Industry and Soho pendant, €72, Kenneth Cole NY Home at House of Fraser
5. Decorative bulb pendants, £40 + VAT each, Trainspotters.
6. White enamelled factory shade, around £160, SkinFlint Design
7 & 8. TIN lamp, start from €1,310, Roche Bobois and Bulby Casle pendant in chrome, €149.99, Woodies DIY.
9. Bulb pendant, about €74.75, Design My World