Christmas dinner is one of the most important meals of the year for most Irish families. Make it extra special this year with a few quick and easy ideas for decorating your table.
- Pick a colour scheme for your table like ‘all white’ or traditional red and gold and build your table decoration around it.
- Use lots of baubels to decorate the table and run a string of Christmas lights down the centre (pick lights with a white lead to blend against a white table cloth).
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match different china plates on your table. Tie the whole look together by investing in silver, white or gold ‘chargers’ to put your place setting on.
- Have fun with inventive place names. Write your guests’ names in gold or silver pen on a leaf of holly, on a medium sized stone or on an old style luggage tag.
- Tie rolled napkins with ribbon to match your colour scheme and attach a couple of mini baubles to finish the look.
- Use lots of candles to add to the festive mood – narrow tapers secured in a clear glass vase filled with sand look great (the usual care with candles applies).
- Wrap metallic braid around humble tealights and secure with glue. Pile them on to your table and mantelpieces.
- Pile a decorative three tier cake stand full of baubels and foliage as a festive centrepiece for your table.