Do you have the paint tendencies of a party girl? Is classic chic your thing? Or will you follow this season’s trend for extreme positivity? In the new issue of House and Home you can take a tour of our tailormade guide to colour in the home, and we've got something fun to do on the site too. Take our Paint Personality test and discern your traits: are you a romantic, a vamp, a fun lover or a peacemaker? And most importantly, how does that affect your interior?
Take the quiz to find out - and don't forget, there's absolutely tons more paintspiration for your personality type on page 111 of the March/April issue, in shops now.
1. Your favourite words to hear in bed?
- a. Bite me
- b. I love you
- c. Lets play with…
- d. I’ll do anything for you
2. When going for dinner on a first date, what would you order for dessert?
- a. Naughty chocolates bites with a velvety raspberry sauce
- b. Vanilla cupcake topped with pink icing and marshmallows
- c. Trio of passion fruit, mango and coconut icecream
- d. Oatmeal nut pie with cookie dough ice cream
3. How would you decorate a room for a special night?
- a. With dark velvet fabrics, textured cushions and something in red leather
- b. Silky white bed linen, vanella scented candles and rose petals
- c. Mirrors everywhere, bright colour block cushions and lemon-scented candles
- d. White crisp linen, soft taupe cushions and neutral candles
4. What colour lipstick would you normally use?
- a. Pure purple
- b. Soft pink
- c. Brilliant red
- d. Neutral shades
5. How would you dress on a first date?
- a. Black corset top, lace skirt, fishnets and killer heels
- b. Soft pink butterfly dress and cream ballerina pumps
- c. Polka dot turquoise dress with red tights and comfortable shoes
- d. Crisp white top, beige linen trousers and brogues
6. If you are in a bar and you see a really cute guy... do you?
- a. Go over and offer him a Bloody Mary
- b. Wait with a glass of rose or a Cosmopolitan until he comes closer
- c. Get close to him yourself and say hi with two Mojitos
- d. Shake his hand and drink a Corona together
7. If a guy doesn’t call you after a first date, how would you react?
- a. Post him a dead rat
- b. Wait and hope that he’ll call me - or post me a letter - at some time in the future
- c. Wouldn’t mind, I’d look forward to meeting other guys
- d. Send a text: Hi there! Hope you’re well! xxx
8. How would you break up with a guy?
- a. Text: “It’s over”
- b. Send a scented paper letter deeply explaining your reasons
- c. Would you like to meet my new boyfriend? It’s no problem – he’s waiting for me in the car!
- d. Select a private place, the best moment and tactfully have the chat
9. On a first date, what would you like a guy to pick you up in?
- a. An all-purring shiny motorbike
- b. A Mercedes Benz S Class – just like Mr Big
- c. A Jeep
- d. A yacht
10. Best movie of these four?
- a. Twilight
- b. Pretty Woman
- c. There’s Something About Mary
- d. The Notebook
11. If you could be whisked away to one of the following destinations, right here, right now, which would be your ultimate escape?
- a. Moscow – a dose of history with a side of mystery
- b. Paris – a glass of wine and getting lost in the city of love
- c. Ibiza – sun, sand, booze. Bring it
- d. Aspen – ultimate pampering with breathtaking scenery
12. It’s Halloween – what do you dress up as?
- a. Librarian – it’s the quiet ones you need to look out for
- b. Rapunzel – the classic damsel in distress
- c. Nurse – ready to administer any injection
- d. Wonder Woman – the Lasso of Truth is your weapon of choice
13. Social networking – how much of your life do you share online?
- a. I love a good rant to vent about the in-laws, peppered with strong language
- b. I share my life, the good and the bad, with my closest friends only
- c. I have over 500 friends – the more, the merrier
- d. I never put anything online that will come back to haunt me
14. What is your ultimate culinary comfort?
- a. Steak, chips and pepper sauce - tuck napkin directly into collar
- b. A creamy bowl of tagliatelle alla carbonara
- c. Sushi, sashimi – just hand me the chopsticks
- d. Asparagus and mushroom risotto with a garden salad
15. A close friend of yours is going through a tough love situation. Do you…
- a. Let her vent and encourage her if she wants to send some hate mail
- b. Invite her over for a girls weekend, with DVDs, wine and comfort food
- c. The best thing is to get her out and party her troubles away
- d. Lend her as much support as possible. Pep talks are your specialty
16. On the high street, what shops are you most drawn to?
- a. Ann Summers
- b. Accessorize
- c. H&M
- d. River Island
17. If you could sneak away with one celebrity this weekend, who would sweep you off your feet?
- a. Johnny Depp – sultry musician at heart, ready to woo you
- b. Ryan Gosling – those ‘Hey Girl’ eyes and washboard abs
- c. Colin Farrell – a feisty weekend you might not remember
- d. George Clooney – like a Chanel suit, he never goes out of style
18. What is your favourite space in your house, where you find yourself spending the most time?
- a. Bedroom – breakfast in bed, long weekends and extra curricular activites are what you gravitate to
- b. Dining room – you prefer wining and dining and long meaningful conversations with friends or your main squeeze
- c. Living room – kicking back and watching a good movie or playing a game is more your style
- d. Garden – pottering around, reading a good book, or cooking up a barbecue for friends. You prefer the outdoors
19. Which Sex and the City girl best describes you?
- a. Samantha Jones – confident, proud and try-sexual – you’ll try anything once
- b. Charlotte York – hopelessly romantic seeking the good in everyone
- c. Carrie Bradshaw – always up for trying new styles and trends
- d. Miranda Hobbes – extremely cynical, but level-headed for the most part
20. The current state of your nails?
- a. Black or another deep shade
- b. You can’t go wrong with red
- c. Nails to match whatever I’m wearing
- d. Au naturel – less stress
If you answered mostly As, then you're definitely a Vamp. Find out more about your paint personality here
Ticked the most Bs? then we reckon you're a Romantic. Read more about your paint style.
If Cs were most frequently on your radar, then you're definitely a Fun Lover. What's in your paint future? Find out!
Mostly Ds mean you're a Peace Maker and we know the paint styles to suit your personality