Cooking Christmas dinner can be much more stressful than your average dinner, especially if you're cooking for a large crowd. We'll take any shortcuts or helping hands on offer, and we're not above caving and opting for some handy kitchen gadgets to take some of the work off our hands. There's a huge array of kitchen gizmos out there to choose from, so we've chosen six of our favourites to cover you from chopping endless vegetables right up to prepping Christmas movie snacks.
Whether you've a big turkey and ham roast dinner planned, or you're just entertaining guests with nibbles for a Stephens' Day affair, we reckon at least one of these kitchen gadgets will save you some hassle!
1. A godsend for Christmas dinner prep, the Nutribullet Veggie Bullet food processor lets you slice, spiralise or shred so you can up your presentation game. €129.99, Currys PC World
2. Alessi’s Chiringuito shaker will be a hit from Christmas to New Year and will let you show off your cocktail-making abilities, no end. €130, Brown Thomas
3. No more constantly leaving the table to make a fresh brew during Christmas brunch – this Minipresso will let you make fresh coffee there and then, so you can continue tucking in. €50, Cuckooland. com
4. Chopula is the flexible spatula that will ensure any cakes, eggs, pancakes and much more won’t fall apart when it’s time to serve up. €12, Designist
5. Tefal's Ingenio Essential saucepans, with detachable handle, should prove a big hit and let you become the master of Christmas cooking. €64.99, Littlewoodsireland.ie
6. Winter evenings in call for snacks and Christmas movies. Joseph Joseph’s M-Cusine popcorn maker lets you add your own flavours and the healthier news is that it doesn’t require any oil or butter to get popping. €20, Arnotts