We’ve been window shopping for this month’s cover, so you don’t have to! Our November/December cover was shot for us by the very talented interiors snapper Jon Day. It is all about grey as a neutral, combined with quality furniture with a modern edge, some retro touches and lovely layers of cosy knits – in short, it’s our perfect front room as the winter sets in.
Here's how to get the look for your house and home:
Layer up with some knitted lovelies…
- Lace Edge cushion, €25, Carolyn Donnelly Eclectic for Dunnes Stores (10), Dunnesstores.com; Elsham grape knit cushion, from €70 at Laura Ashley (9), Lauraashley.com; Grey Classic Knit cushion in cream, €39, Marks and Spencer (3), Marksandspencer.ie.
- Curl up on the Individi 2 sofa, from €1,295 at Bo Concept (8), Boconcept.ie or the SÖDERHAMN three-seat sofa, €620 at IKEA (1), Ikea.ie
- Add a retro touch with Ercol’s classic Windsor coffee table (7) – buy vintage on eBay (prices vary) or new at Ercol.com
- For a statement mid-century armchair (6), find similar at Retrorumage.tumblr.com
- Accessorise with: these grey wool Urchin bowls (4), £39 online at Delve (Delve.co.uk), made of hand felted South African Karakul and Merino wools by the felt craft group Nuno
- A knitted deer head (2), from the Domestic Trophies collection by Rachel Denny. (Price available on application)
- and the classic aluminium-coloured RIBBA frames (5) from IKEA (from €8)
House and Home November/December 2012 is on sale now for €3.85. What's your favourite piece?