If a big overhaul isn't on the cards anytime soon, smaller updates are ideal to make your space feel fresh. Taking in some new season home interiors trends can make a big difference in a space, and it doesn't have to come at a massive cost.
We've picked three of our favourite trends for summer 2019, and showed you how to implement them in your space. Get your shopping lists ready - you're going to want these gorgeous pieces.
The theme: Jurassic lark
Get your teeth into a trend that’s definitely got animal appeal. Plus, it’s a ‘past’ time we think you’ll enjoy. Who’s a clever girl, then?
- Kubu Bamboo Pendant Light, €242, Artisanti.com
- Prehistoria wallpaper, £140, Divinesavages.com
- Seletti brontosaurus Jurassic Lamp, €199, Sedie.design
- Wild Grass In Zinc Pot, €125, Harveynorman.ie
- Paul Smith dinosaur sweater, €125, Farfetch.com
- A3 dinosaur alphabet print, €31, Okla.co.uk
- Dinosaurs, from €4.90 each, Rice.dk
- Dinosaur lamp and shade, €995, Houseofhackney.com
- BeståStorage combination, €255, Ikea.ie
The colour: Coral
Pantone’s shade of the year, coral’s a colour that works as well on cheeks as it does on chairs. Safe to say, then, that we’re fans of this warm, workable colour. Paint it all over, or use it in accessories instead. Winner!
- Decadent Decs orange honeycomb, €8.33, Talkingtables.eu
- Lamp worth coral-shaped base, €99.99, Zarahome.com
- ‘Lazy Susan’ print, €255, Studiocoverdale.com
- Mermaid Treasures Iridescent Shell Hook, €10, Sassandbelle.co.uk
- Saint Laurent Gold-tone and faux coral hoop earrings, €345, Net-a-porter.com
- Blanket with tassels, €27.99, Hm.com
- A.R.O.S.H. Coral clutch bag, €399, Farfetch.com
- Ligne Roset Paipaï loveseat, €3,338, Arenakitchens.com
- Embellished Cushion, €90, Anthropologie.com
- Cody Large Sofa, €1,925, Caseys.ie
The pattern: Check point
Line up for this classic, reinventing itself 2019-style. From graph, madras and windowpane checks to summery gingham, the pattern’s power lies in how well it works with contrasting colour and OTT ornamentation. A true neutral, the one to try this season is definitely a check, mate.
- Brown Tartan Accent Armchair, €899, Ezlivingfurniture.ie
- Checked Wool Blend Blanket in Beige, €159, Fermliving.com
- Check porcelain mug, €7.99, Zarahome.com
- Winston Ceiling Light in clear check, £145, Johnlewis.com
- Woodhouse Check apron, €88, Torimurphy.com
- Jacquard-knit cushion cover, €99, Hm.com
- MacKenzie Childs Courtly Check Enamel Saucepan, €167, Amara.com
- Excèlsa Enjoy knife and fork, €3.25 each, Amazon.com
- Carnaby lamp, €435, Jonathanadler.com
- Prada checked canvas platform pumps, €630, Net-a-porter.com