Continuining our theme of party entertaining with a difference (yesterday we showed you how to make some delish blue cheese and pecan truffles with figs), here's a recipe for mini crab cocktails with mango and pomegranate. Pretty little things, and irresistable. Serve on a platter with a small stack of tiny teaspoons and some cutely-patterned napkins. This will make eight.
- 150g (5 oz) fresh white crab meat
- ½ head little gem lettuce, very finely shredded
- A finger length piece of cucumber, very finely diced
- ½ ripe mango, very finely diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
- A small handful of pomegranate seeds & dill sprigs, to garnish
- 75g (3 oz) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp brandy
- A few splashes of Tabasco
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Simply mix all of the ingredients together, seasoning to taste.
Then, once all your ingredients are prepared, simply layer them up with the sauce in small sherry or shot glasses.
I like to arrange them in different coloured layers and I finish with some sauce, then a sprinkling of crab meat, followed by a few pomegrante seeds and a dill sprig to garnish.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.