Would you like an opportunity to work on the website of Ireland’s best loved interiors title? Dyflin Publications, which publishes House and Home magazine and Houseandhome.ie currently has an internship opportunity for a recent graduate!
You’ll get to work alongside our editorial and web teams and get real experience on a daily website, helping to put content together and shape the direction of the site. At the end of your placement, you’ll have new skills to add to your CV and you’ll make some new contacts and added credits to your writing portfolio.
This internship is full-time, 9-to-5 and for six months. It’s an unpaid placement and would ideally suit a design or journalism graduate (but that’s not a deal breaker) who has the following attributes:
- A strong interest in design, architecture, product design and interiors and knows what’s what in the world of home news and trends both in Ireland and abroad
- Excellent English language skills and the ability to write snappy copy quickly
- Excellent research skills – you’ll be doing picture and general research, coming up with bright, engaging blog post ideas, polls, conversation pieces and generating supporting imagery
- An ability to work to deadlines and take direction is absolutely essential
- An interest in and understanding of digital media and the web would be a big advantage – if you have a blog, let us know about it!
- A working knowledge of CMS platforms like Wordpress and Drupal and image editing software like Adobe Photoshop would be an advantage, but isn’t an essential
Interested? Please send your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch if you fit the bill!