Between Meatless Mondays and Veganuary, vegan recipes are extremely popular this time of year, and especially vegan takes on meaty dishes. One of the recipes cooking up a storm on Pinterest is this one for vegan nachos with barbecue jackfruit, which made it to Pinterest's Top 100 for 2017 board.
If you haven't heard of it, jackfruit is a large fruit from southeast Asia which has become popular as a meat alternative. Once cooked, the fruit resembles something similar to pulled pork or chicken.
Worth a go, we reckon!
Vegan Nachos with Barbecue Jackfruit
- 1 bag of your favourite tortilla chips
- 1 Cup Nacho Sauce
- 2 20 Ounce Can Green Jackfruit in Water
- 1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- All the nacho toppings you like including:
- Black Beans
- Red Onion
- Rinse jack fruit very well and remove seed pods.
- Chop the jackfruit, mostly chopping the harder core.
- Add jackfruit, BBQ sauce, and 1 cup water to a cast iron pan, other oven safe pan, or a small pot.
- Simmer on low for 25 to 35 minutes until most of the liquid is gone.
For the full recipe, visit Dora Daily.