Good Food Ireland Member Brooks Hotel have put together a tasty recipe for baked pollack - try it out yourself and let us know how you get on!
Recipe: Baked pollack fillets with a Dubliner cheddar crust on a bed of wilted spinach
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 x 6oz fillet of Pollack
- 200gm washed and dried spinach
- 50ml of your favourite béchamel
- 40gms breadcrumbs
- 15gms soft butter
- 20gms grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees °C
Preparing the fish fillets:
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Place onto a lightly buttered baking sheet or oven proof dish flesh side down and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oven you should be able to peel the skin of easily. Place the cheese crust on each of fillets and return to the oven until golden brown approx 3-4 mins.
- Place under a grill if necessary.
To make the cheddar crust:
- Mix the breadcrumbs cheddar and butter add a little lemon juice and cracked black pepper- the mix should be dry and hold shape when pressed slightly.
Cooking the spinach:
- Place in a microwave bowl season lightly with salt and pepper and cook for 1 to 2mins at high heat and drain of excess juices add the béchamel, check your seasoning and reheat.
Warm two plates. Place the spinach in the centre of both plates set the fillets of fish on top. Serve with lemon on the side.
For more great recipes visit Good Food Ireland:
Good Food Ireland is an industry organisation that brings together under one umbrella good food places all over the island of Ireland that are committed to using local food and supporting our Irish farmers, food producers and fishermen. Visit www.goodfoodireland.ie for further information on the 260 members.