Pancakes are relatively simple in concept to make, but often you can end up with a few dodgy attempts before you get a decent pancake out of the pan. TV chef and food writer Catherine Fulvio knows a thing or two about getting pancakes right, and you can watch her expertly make her best pancake recipe above, ahead of Pancake Tuesday. We've got her basic recipe below for reference, but watch the video for her top tips on getting them right first time, as well as what delicious toppings you can use besides the traditional lemon and sugar.
Catherine Fulvio's best pancake recipe:
WHAT YOU NEED:
100g plain flour
Pinch of salt
200ml full fat milk
2 tablespoons of melted butter
Tablespoon of sugar (opional)
1. Add flour and salt to a bowl
2. Mix in eggs before gradually mixing in the milk.
3. Add the water to thin it out a bit for crispier pancakes
4. Whisk together
5. Add the sugar now if using, and then add the butter
6. Cover and place in fridge for an hour to rest.
7. Heat a drop of rapeseed oil in the pan and use kitchen roll to wipe it around the pan.
8. Work fast to spread the batter on the pan, flip after 30 seconds. Cook for 20 seconds on the other and lift up.